Monday 20 August 2018

Review: Philstay Myeondong Central - Avoid it

(credit :booking)

There are a lot of Philstay Branches in Seoul. I would never expect they will coldly treat me like this.
There are 2 Philstay Hotels in Myeondong. The one that I have a bad experience will be Philstay Myeondong Central. ( near Myeondong Tourist Centre ). Booked via Agoda.

We arrived around 6pm but there is no staff at the counter. After a few minutes, there is one lady but she does not speak Korean or English. She keeps on gesturing "no" after that she uses the translating app and stated said they have a problem with the computer.

I have tried call Agoda using their phone but I was put on hold. Thinking that there is Myeondong Tourist Centre nearby I have decided to ask for their assistance.  Good enough they have a Mandarin speaker. But the staff keeps repeating the same thing and said the owner is not there she is just a cleaner. She said she can't call the owner too...

Actually, I already emailed them for the direction. They even reply to my email. The only weird thing is - it is in Hangul.* but I figured out using google translate. They knew I am coming.


It is really frustrating. We have to look for other accommodation last minute. of course, the price is double up. Agoda "manages my booking" button only have an option which customer cancel but none when the service provider refused to let us check in.  I emailed Agoda my complaint and request for a refund (but the issue keep on rotating between staff). Only last week they said they will refund me ( their excuse is they are checking with the hotel) . The compensation that I got is $4 which they persuade by asking " Do you agree with this refund and $4 voucher"  well if I don't agree they will take a longer time to refund me. At least they could give $10  but sorry only $4

I have also complained to Korea Tourism...guess what the hotel even treating them the same.




Think twice if you want to book this hotel.




No comments:

Post a Comment